This is the end of the road…

On this lovely (a problematic word choice for the ones in traffic) snowy day, I’m finally taking a moment and trying to put my thoughts into words in a vain attempt. With the car horns in the background and people rushing, I’m looking out of the window in a comfortable and breezy manner. Where are these people going?  Do I really care? NO! But, what happens when the ones that we really love in a short time have to leave us? I’ve been thinking about this for a couple of days because it’s the heartbreaking demise of the module and it’s time to say goodbye to my dear students and the warm smiles that used to greet me. I really hate this because I’ve truly got used to teaching these people. On one hand, they’ll all hopefully pass the proficiency test and commence their studies in their departments (let’s keep our fingers crossed), on the other hand  I have to meet new people and try to discover who they are and what they want/need, which I really find quite challenging and demotivating. I really wonder whether there are other teachers who find it extremely difficult to adapt themselves to new students and expectations and who could happily teach the same kids forever. I know I’m not a risk taker, but quite aware of the fact that this new challenge might bear gifts and opportunities .

Anyhow, I’ll terribly miss those lovely people in M3 ( 14 weekers) and M7 ( 7 weekers)

Goodbye Teletubbies 🙂

May the force be with you….

PS

4 thoughts on “This is the end of the road…